Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #453
siggyfreud

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

I'm always a fan of having a box just to avoid the extra ambient heat. The problem with our bays is that to move an open filter away from radiator air you have to have a decently long run of a tube, and then somehow support it, or have the end-filter rest. I have seen people just do a 90* off the throttle body and run a cone filter a few feet away. It works I'm sure, I've just always felt like there are better solutions.

I was asking because I'm actually going to start prototyping a cold air box for our engine bays sometime in December. I've got my large format 3d printer on pre-order now, and am going to start modeling it in Fusion360.

I don't have a fuel injector motor yet, so just keeping my eye open for people who do who might want to test something. Certainly, don't wait on me, but if the timing worked out and you were interested I'd love to have a tester or two.

The idea is to build a box that fits nicely, in this case, in the passenger location, and utilizes an easy-to-find off-the-shelf filter, whether it's a cone style or drop-in-rectangle. It could be designed such that coming right off the box your MAF could attach I imagine.

But curious to hear what your wants and needs would be if you were building the ideal box.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote