Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #460
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
Sounds good TA_C10. What MAF are you using? I can start doing some prelim designs and see if I can just build in a 12" straight section coming off the box that will hold the MAF, and then you could run whatever piping/ducting you want from there. I could always print up additional bends/angles too if needed.
I bought a new Delphi OEM MAF to use since my LS is stock for this stage of my build. Sounds good on the box. I will send any details you need from me. I only plan to have my jumper terminals up high on the core support, other than that nothing there I guess but lines coming from a/c condenser. I'm excited dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I know little on late model FI set-ups & this is what I understood as well. Always figured it would be best to keep it as close to the TB inlet as possible within the constraints of the inlet tubing bends.
So far what I'm reading is OE had specs on where they place the MAF but with a tune it won't matter. But what you don't want is turbulence off a bend or heat soak from being too close to engine. I know my 89 mustang from factory has the MAF sensor out close to air filter, and when I installed a vortec s/c kit made for the car it took the MAF sensor and put it right outside the air box and the bend was just AFTER the MAF heading towards TB. That's old school tech in this fox bodies and that thing had no tune and ran like a beast with no issues. This makes me think this info I'm reading makes sense. The cold air is out by box. Gets warmer the closer to TB the air travels. And having less turbulence also makes sense to me because those sensors are very sensitive. I had to clean my MAF with spray all the time because the oil maintenance on my K&N would eventually coat the wires and I would have poor idle issues after maybe couple months or so. Food for thought...

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote