View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #62
OSE_NERO

Re: Increased MPG for carbs?

It's really fun reading through all these suggestions guys. Especially since I have no idea what I'm doing. And the only reason why I was considering the $8k 383 was that it would be brand new out of the box, dolled up how I wanted it to be, had about the performance I wanted, and got 20 mpg. However, I've decided to just save up for a motor swap (still debating on which) and keep this thing brute. If I get better mileage, so be it, but I want this thing to be a terror, instead of a Prius (which, looking back at the op, was how it sounded to me lol).

Does anyone know how much mpg the Hennessey builds get? I'm not saying I'm considering them since they're WAYYY out of budget, but I'm curious as to what high powered cars get mpg-wise.

And the sole reason why I'm somewhat bailing on the idea of getting in the 20's for mpg is that I plan on buying another car and have that be the mpg-getter while also being a track car with all the amenities inside.

But I'd still like to hear what I could do for performance that'll also increase mpgs for my truck, i.e. what cams, lifters, headers, rear ends, etc.

OSE_NERO is offline   Reply With Quote