View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 09:11 PM   #10
hugger6933

Re: should i go for it?

Prep is key when you think it is ready to paint you still need to sand some more. Then after sanding more, you need to sand some more. I have experience , I've owned a body shop longer than some of these guys have been alive. No knock to them I have just been in a long time and seen lots of things. I have been rebuilding wrecks and doing muscle cars and trucks since 1987. So I have plenty to offer in help areas. If you do need help let me know and I'll do my best for you or anyone I can help. I think by the time you shot primer[epoxy] then prime again [hibuild] and seal then base coat you will have a good feel of the gun and what it takes to lay out some decent product. If you have problems to that point you sand them out and spot spray the trouble area. the base isnt hardly any different than spraying the primer. so really the only thing to be nervous about is clear coat like I said above by the time you get that far you will def be comfortable enough to spray out the clear without much worry. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote