View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: Does running a benchseat without headrests worry anybody else?

Life is full of chances and "what ifs". What are the odds?,is what you have to ask. That train hit looks bad. But the truth is there would be no injury if you weren't even wearing a seatbelt,let alone having headrests. I wear seatbelts,but never used to. I was in a head-on which demolished my '69 Dodge Power Wagon. I mean demolished,way worse than that Suburban. I know I'm lucky,but I only broke my jaw and got cuts. The windshield and back window were out of the vehicle. I'm just saying,most instances will likely never happen and if they do it can go either way. You can live your life in fear of what might happen or you can just live. There are those things were can avoid with better awareness and there are those that we can't,no matter what,and even the best safety equipment won't save us. People can still get whiplash with headrests,BTW.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote