View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #38
eagleuh1

Re: Does running a benchseat without headrests worry anybody else?

Padded rifle rack/gun rack, hmmmm. Have to rap some padding around that bolt action before I get a bolt through the back of the head. I'm with the don't worry, be happy, drive smart crowd. I ride a motorcycle, with helmet, hanglide with helmet, parachute. Leave room in front of you at stops... I once got rearended by a small Toyota doing 65. I had barely got stopped in time to avoid the painters van in front of me and his 2x10 planks sticking out the back. The girl driving the Toyota was turned talking to her boyfriend, he was reading a book. Neither saw what happened. They drove under my longbed Toyota pickup, totoled the bumper only, which ended up on their windshield. Neither was injured seriously though. My truck got pushed forward about 10 feet untill I had 2x10s sitting on my dash pad, no windshield or wipers and a split down the middle hood. Everybody was lucky that day. Don't remember ever hitting the headrests, it was a kind of gentle lift and push. I'm a bench no headrest truck guy.
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote