View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:04 PM   #36
belldar

Re: Want to buy grandpas c10. Need help!

Ok guys I am getting a letter and some info together to send the owner. This has engulfed my life the last two weeks and I just need to get it over with! I have a few adds I found that we're close or similar to the truck that have been for sale for quite some time. Most are in good running driving condition and most have more options then the truck I am looking at. I am planning on offering around $3,500-4,000 and some trade addition up to about $1,200. I don't want to low ball and don't think I am. In fact it's probably way more then I should offer but if he dose some research I want him to know I'm serious! Do you think I'm on par or nuts? I know when his father who was a good friend of my Grandfathers bought the truck is wasn't for much ($800?)17 years ago, not that that matters now I guess. Feel like I'm going nuts! I added things in my letter about how much the truck would bring the way it is, running/driving condition, and good condition with all rust and dents fixed (don't think the truck would be worth much over $8k with all that fixed???). I also mentioned how it has no options other then a radio which are things that bring the actual coat down. I would hope it wouldn't take a guy much more then $1,500 getting her up and going again(odds and ends and new tires), but the rust may take me a while to get good depending on if it got into the inner rocker or not. Everything I know about the condition is from what I could see in a dark garage in a corner so hopefully there isn't too much more wrong that needs fixing and I hope the tranny and engine are still in good shape. If not that could get real spendie! All in all I hope this all works out and he can do some research and see what it's worth. I need to get this out of my head either way as I have lost enough sleep over it and the anxiety is getting to me. Please let me know what you think.
14 bolt rear, 60 front
4.56 gears, 6 inch lift
35inch dynapro MTs, pro comp 52 16x8 2.5 backspace
belldar is offline   Reply With Quote