View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
motornutz

Time to make a mess! 1970 C30 & 1999 Suburban Combo!

Brainstorming out here in Michigan. I have a 70 C30 that Ive had for years. She is a 350 SM465 Dually with the Eaton 4.56. I am ready to toss in a timing chain and cam to get her back on the road. As luck (or lack of) would have it my wife creamed a deer in the 99 burb. Just last year I put in a new Vortec crate motor, exhaust and all the dressings. The front clip is destroyed, popped the tranny cooler and rad. The motor and trans is still good. I have a couple options here and I need help sorting the wheat from the chaff. I though about pulling the body and putting my C30 cab, front clip and flat bed on the burb chassis. Theoretically I could have a 4wd vehicle with good brakes and decent ride that I could actually afford to drive as the dually got about 7 mpg. I know the mounts are all wrong and figuring out what wiring to keep would be a tough one. My other option is to yank the vortec out and put it in my dually and enjoy it for what it is. My issue with is is I need a trans as my 4spd wont mount and have to go down to a 700r4 or something like that. If I swap just the engine what I need to keep the fuel inj? Or just get the right manifold and carb it. I have more time than money and space isn't a real issue either. Just want to keep the budget in check. Any opinions, advice or unforeseen issues? Thanks
motornutz is offline   Reply With Quote