View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #123
rusty76

Re: Rusty76 and his '76

So today I worked on the truck some. Not much to brag about but I did manage to get something accomplished. The tires on the truck have held air despite being dry rotted. They were getting low so I decided to put some air in them. Because today I wanted to get the truck rolling. As in movable. Seems simple right? Knowing that even low tires can make it hard to move a vehicle especially when working by one’s self. I put air in the front tires. Moved to drivers side rear and then proceeded to passenger side. After splitting the valve steam (dry rotted) and trying three different sets of wheels and tires my last tire would be the one. Four tires later I had one that would hold air. Good grief I didn’t really realize I had two steel wheels for spares. Glad to know. I thought one came off an S10. But luckily it did not. After making sure the rear tires moved freely and getting the front end unfroze. I nudged it a couple times, rocked it a few and 12 inches later it moved. I’ll be. This truck hasn’t moved in ten years. It has set in the same spot in the same position for ten years. It seems silly that those few inches make a difference to me but it was nice to see that it’ll still move.

So you ask why does this matter? What’s the big deal? My goal this coming week or weekend I plan to move it from the spot it has held for the last ten years to another spot so I can give it a good cleaning and inspection. I want to take inventory and get some sort of bearing on what’s what, what is needed and where to proceed. I need to take some measurements. All in all today was a win for me. I’ll take them where I can. See ya.
Attached Images

My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote