View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
clinebarger

Re: Alright chummins or stick with chevy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Duke View Post
I was reading that just putting c-20 suspension up front will be sufficient. I want to lower the truck so I'm going to buy a c-20 lowering spindle and then use stock c-20 upper and lower control arms and hope it sits good in the front. They say you can buy the disk conversion kits or find 71-72 disk assembly from factory and they will bolt up to the aftermarket drop spindles.. So I guess finding a rolling c-20 2wd frame with disk brakes would be the best case senario but I think thats not going to be cost effective compaired to the kits you can buy off-line.
The C-20 suspension isn't much different from the C-10, Boxing the front section of the frame will do the most good, Your stock control arms are just as stout as C-20 hardware, Moog balljoints & shaft kits will do fine. Then buy some lowering spindles that are compatible with stock disc brake set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegadesign View Post
i would stick with the chevy l6 then, if you do need to tow they are excellent engines for the job.

im rockin a 250 l6 and i get 27hwmpg and i love it.
its my daily driver and has been for the past two years
You need to get your speedometer calibrated.....Because its reading way to fast. Those MPG claims are ridiculous.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote