View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #10
Jrainman

Re: what would you pay for a rust-free cab

This is a very interesting topic to me , I buy parts every now and then from a gentleman ,It was the third or fourth time I went to buy 69 c10 short step all original one owner truck from him for parts, after we made the deal he said would you like to see something really nice ,of course I said yes , we walked over to a enclosed car trailer he opened the side door to it and there sat a 1972 c10 ochre and white cab , doors fenders and hood , And let me tell you it was show room condition, just amazing to look at , he then told me that he had owned a body shop/ towing company back in the 60s and 70s and this 72 c10 was towed to his shop, the truck was broad sided in the passenger side bed side by someone who ran a red light, the truck was 2 months old and had 800 miles on it and he did not get in to all the specific details but but he managed to buy the truck , I know for I can get this cab, doors hood and fenders , because he has mentioned to me the last time we spoke he kinda hinted , I do not want to insult him by a low ball offer and screw up my parts connection with either . but really how the hell can you come up with a price on parts with 800 miles on them .
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote