Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #114
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Just a quick update. I worked a lot on Sanity this weekend but I'm still just as crazy as ever. I know I didn't save any time on reusing my original outer rocker but at least it's good steel and I knew it fit when I took it off. But, it took a lot of patching and fitting all the same. Most of the spot weld holes I drilled when I took it off were just welded back up on installation but I had to cut and fit several small patches to get everything aligned properly. The factory assembly on these trucks leaves something to be desired in many areas. I am smoothing the rocker into the door posts for a cleaner look so that also took extra time. I am finally finished and I hung the door again for one last fit check and it is good. I'll post some pictures later. Now I need to get busy on the drivers side and tear into it and see what patch panels I need to order. I know the floor is worse and the kick panel is about the same. The outer rocker looks good on the outside but I'll have to see when I get it off if it is reusable. No idea on the inner rocker or front lower door panel until it's apart.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote