View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 11:17 AM   #65
SCOTI

Re: Steering coupler or Rag joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedontheprize View Post
Thanks SCOTI (I was the one who asked the questions via PM). This does make a lot of sense and the pictures help tremendously. I am not really interesting going down the glue route if I don’t have to (due to the set screw allowing you to service the shaft), however I want to make sure the column will still collapse in the event of an accident.

I may run them loose for the time being (as you have them setup) and then will decide the next steps from there.

I may have missed it as I do see you calling out you drilled through the outer shaft, but wanted to confirm you did not drill through the inner shaft and that is just a black sharpie mark to use as a guide to line everything up when sliding the shafts together.
Correct.... I drilled through the outer shaft only. The Sharpie reference mark was only for checking alignment.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote