View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #55
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
I like just about any music genre/era, but mostly listen to rock, metal, alternative. Honestly, I don't care for Toto, it has never been played on my stereo. I'm going to have to play it to see what all the hype is about. All TOOL albums sound good. A few more of my SQ fav's that sound great:
Tool - The Pot
Arctic Monkeys - Arabella
Chili Peppers - Dark Necessities
Highly Suspect - My name is human
Mastodon - The Sparrow

Started the install on the passenger side kick panel last night. The best method I found to get a good fitment was to make a cardboard template of the RetroSound panel and then trim it to fit your truck kick panel. Once it fits, transfer the template to the ABS panel and trim it. The pull vent mount and Velcro in the other two corners will keep it secured. Also, my PrecisionReplacement push on door seal overlaps the panel door edge to help keep it tight also.

Here's a picture of where I'm thinking of mounting the tweeters. I chose here for simplicity of wiring but am open to suggestions or recommendations.

Then I need to find a good location for the component piece, real estate under my dash is a premium....

Once I'm finished with that, I will cover the panel in speaker carpet and call it done.

I took a quick look at the drivers side. It will not even go in there with the dimmer switch in current location so I guess I'm going to be looking at some different options here.....

Also, here's a picture of the amp current configuration. I believe it is setup like you recommended, LMK.
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote