Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #109
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Where is a good source for finding big wheels? I like certain styles only but when I google images the sources rarely help me identify the exact p/n for them.

Unfortunately for me, I would have to modify the fenders (widen them). Where you set your bags under the frame, mine sit just out side the rail. I've been negotiating on the sale of some raised/stretched fenders but not sure I want to pull the trigger (I don't really need them raised & really want to see them in person before 100% commiting).

Sticking w/some 16's/17's is sure looking cost effective
As far as good sources for the big wheels, go through the phone book (or internet) for local truck salvage yards. That would be my first place to hunt. Plus you live in the DFW area, there are tons of those kind of places around, just check them out and ask those guys if they know someone if you run a ground. If your going to be picky on the brand or style then you can order them from Tennessee Wheel & Tire, and Trevor will do everything in house that you want done.

First of all, and this is just me talking, do what I did with my truck. Go get a 3/4 ton rear end, which are much narrower than what you have in there today, get the rims machined, and you wont have to modify any of the body work. And if you do this swap change the bag location. Trust me when I say that is a great setup and not messing with the fenders is icing on the cake.
75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote