View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Great progress. That little tractor was pretty handy!
I missed that earlier. Yes, it has come in very handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Well, I must be a little slow this morning. Why split the crossmember? Nice work you did there.

Hmm...removing 68 year old bolts. Usually I clean them really well, spray them down with one of the popular rust penetrators, let them soak for awhile and then break them while removing the nut. At least that is how it usually goes for me.
I was trying to avoid spacers. Plus it gives me more room for exhaust and steering.
Is there a spray that works better than the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
nice work!!!
BTW, i like your tag line! The fun is finding the balance between the 3.
Keep up the good work.
Every once in a while You find something that fits all three. The hunt is usually the fun part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Looks good, fish plate on the bottom is great, just adds more strength. Question on the 91 Caprice stuff. The upper and lower ball joints, will S-10 work with this or do you have to change to something different?...Jim
The ball joints, and tie rods all bolt right up. The brake hoses are different but the caprice brake hose brackets and hoses bolt right up to the s-10 frame and fit perfectly. I am probably going to have to shorten the upper arms or fine shorter arms. With the most shims I can put on the mounts I still have a fair amount of positive camber. They will end up farther out after I put new bushings in it. Not a huge problem though.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I appreciate it.

Nick

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote