View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #1163
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

First of all, I would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter!
I also hope that everyone is doing well, and practicing their "social distancing" to the fullest.
As promised, I will be updating my thread with the installation of Air-Conditioning in the up-coming weeks. And like almost anything that I do, there will be some twists along the way.
Why keep it simple when you have the ability to make things complicated?...Even I don't know exactly how this will go!
My intentions from the start were to use the factory controls, and the compressor that is already on my motor/drive system.
Let's see where this adventure leads!!!

Installation started with removing the grill in order to install the condenser & drier and associated tubing. All of this went pretty much according to plan with the exception of the bottom set of bolts that attach the condenser to the radiator support.
Since I didn't want to remove the radiator, and I am not using a stock configuration, there was a bit of difficulty involved! LOL!
With the radiator leaned forward I was able to get bolts started, then tighten them using a gearwrench...1 click at a time.
As you can see in the photo below, the radiator is already tipped away as far as possible, and I am referring to the bolt at the very bottom of the condenser bracket

This gives a view of the passenger side...LOL!

A little bit time-consuming, and worthy of some major cursing, but I finally got them in! Next was to punch the hole for the tubes and install them and the drier.

Here is a view of the tubes ending on the passenger inner fender.

I will let you all digest this while I gather-up that photos for the next steps in this adventure....
Stay Well!!!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote