View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 12:28 AM   #38
MT65

Thumbs up Re: 66 C10 American Auto Wire kit install ongoing questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
I do see the end wire clips and the plastic connector but I didnt see any wires other than those on the under the dash lights. Should there have been? And also new clips for the bulb to the wire connections?
The overhead cab light is not included in the kit, you can get that thru several suppliers,the wiring is there however...the orange is the hot/power wire, the white is the ground...it can all be tied together with the under dash lights in your picture, the power will feed off the panel, and all the lights are activated by the ground. My truck and I’m sure others did not have door jamb switches, therefore you control the lights by turning the knob on the headlight switch...unless you install a set of door jamb switches. I’ll take a picture of what I did n get it to you tomorrow...
Mainly, just have a lot of patience, it will payoff big time, and make NOTES, you have a better memory than I if you can remember your layout two weeks down the road, you may want another circuit somewhere or a possible future circuit, just plan ahead.......
MT65 is offline   Reply With Quote