View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #494
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Coming together nicely. Sucks about the grill bar, but should be nice painted body color.
That's what I'm hoping too, Dale. I've done this long enough to know I have a hard time looking the other way and saying, "Well, I'm not really happy with that, but it will be okay, I guess."

Been working on odds and ends. Built a small enclosure to house the fan relays and the transformer that drives the CCFL rings for my parking lights. Hides a bit of the ugly. Will probably mount it down under the fans somewhere you won't see it anyway, but it was a fun thing to do. Also machined a mount for the oil catch can. I had one on a previous LS3 build and the shop that built my current engine recommends running one. But like everything I touch these days, I'm short some fittings so I'll have to turn my attention to other stuff while I wait on USPS. I have the weatherstrip on the driver door. Wasn't real happy with the technique I used although it turned out pretty decent. Now trying the method Danchuk recommends for their seals on the passenger side.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote