View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 03:45 AM   #7
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

Re: 1972 K5 Blazer CST day 2 restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Wow, $500? I’ll double that right now

Don’t bother with rear tow hooks. They are useless if you have a rear bumper. I put a set on my k20. Was a complete waste of time. As for vintage pieces, you could run a CB and these floor mats would look great in a red/black Blazer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-4x4...UAAOSwIy1f1jvb

Thanks for posting. Keep the updates coming.
Good to know on the tow hooks! Thanks!

I read your complete thread on your blazer the other day. Beautiful truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisegeetarman View Post
Very cool Blazer from your neighbor on the east side. Your "2 day restoration" is exactly the mindset I had with my Blazer. Tall, skinny tires on a set of 16X7 wheels I had made with maximum set in. Factory caps. Lots of Hickey stuff. Period correct cable operated warn winch. Period correct old school aluminum valve covers and dual snorkel air cleaner. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...pic77841_1.gif

Keith
That's pretty close to what I am envisioning. Beautiful truck. Ochre is my favorite factory color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Jack View Post
Good to see ya! Maybe add some cool OG KC Highlites!
I have some old school KC pleather covers. It used to have lights on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoni View Post
Following this. It’s right up my alley. I collect hickey but have branched out to Kc, Dick Cepek , warn, desert dynamics and con-ferr. There’s a group on fb about lifted trucks of 70’s 80’s 90’s where parts get traded. I have a few warn classic bumpers. They’re proud of em! About what you paid for your truck
Posted via Mobile Device
Lots of cool old stuff out there it seems. I never knew how much there was until recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Subbed to watch
Thanks