View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
bluex

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
I haven't personally done this.
I found out about it after I went to all the trouble to switch my junk around.

It was done buy a guy doing a 4x4 conversion. He used 2wd rear frame shackle mounts also,... and ended up re-installing the original 4x4 mounts to raise it back up a little after he installed the flip kit.
I think you will end up with a 4"-5" drop. I don't think you will need the "lowering shackle" with this set up.
My red truck had 3" drop spindles and a cut set of stock springs up front. (done by the previous owner)
Sorry for the late post.
I was thinking of using the drop shackle if you wanted it lower after the flip. I guess I wasnt too clear, but I meant it to get back the 1-2" you will lose by using the 4x4 hanger. I'm not exactly sure the difference between the two, but I could measure it later.

Either way a flip kit on the blazer with a 4x4 hanger will be higher than one on a 2wd truck. I was thinking you might have room to run the drop shackle then if you wanted, without hitting the filler neck? I'm going to try it regardless, the flip kit brackets are only $30 on ebay.....

Thanks again for the info and saving me the work of cutting out 12 or so rivits

nlped, sorry for the thread jack, truck looks like a good starting point and I like the colors. Your ahead of me, yours runs and is already 2wd....

Last edited by bluex; 11-24-2009 at 08:28 AM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote