View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 09:27 PM   #5
jdl71

Re: Boy is she rough…

I’ve blown it apart and started on the cab. Had to patch both pillars and both kick panels. There wasn’t much left. This is an OER full floor from summit. It took me about an hour to get this installed by myself (the old floor had already been cut out).

I’m very pleased with it. The only issues are the two top holes not lining up with my kick panel patch and the rear holes on the right side do not line up. I believe both of these problems are 100% my fault. This truck was so rusty the old floor pretty much fell out of it and I did not have a lot of reference points to work from when I welded in my pillar ends and kick panels. Now that I have a fixed point to work from (the floor itself) I am able to measure and see what needs moved. I think I’m going to heat up the seam at the passenger side b pillar patch and see if I can persuade it to where it needs to be. Then I’m going to right side up the cab, put the doors back on, and set it back on the frame and see how it all looks. After that I’ll do the cab corners and then spot weld it to the back of the cab. Then I’m going to replace the entire firewall.
Attached Images

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote