View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #37
'63GENIII

Re: A noiseless Harley really .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Gotta love the 45 degree spark wasting one jug hittin harder American scooter.
Two words in the name of conserving energy and modernizing spark.... Single Fire. Still one jug hitting hard though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pan View Post
Brothers, if it don't mark its spot with good old 60w. It's not a harley
Or straight 50 when ridden in the Winter. Mine didn't leak till i got married for some reason. Never from the case halves. I made sure they were perfect when I built it. Its always the breather or the check ball in the pump when its sat for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
I see the whole V-Twin cruiser bike thing as a niche market. Focusing on that one segment seems like a recipe for disaster. Especially when the demographic, that the style most appeals to, is dying off.

Harley doesn't have the advantage of diversified product lines like many of the other small engine manufactures. They have to broaden their customer base. I don't see them stopping production of their bread and butter cruiser bikes.

Of course they shot themselves in the foot before. I went to the dealer and test road a Buell. I would have bought it but the dealer personnel seemed to look down on the product and Harley didn't seem to support it either. They certainly didn't spend any R&D money on it.

Ive rode the Shovel to all of the dealers around here as they have come....and gone. Always holding out hope that each parts department would take a little time to help find parts for me. No dice. I guess its like every other dealer though. One its out of warranty, its yesterdays news.

Same for when I was looking at an S1 (Lightning?). I thought that bike was the coolest thing and a bag of chips. The sales guy didn't even want to talk to me about it. Said something like "a big twin is where its at". Told him that the bored and stroked Shovel by the door is mine but it probably don't handle like this Buell. Guess he had enough of me. he gave an eye roll and walked away.

I really hope that this new bike gains them some new customers because you're right, the demographic is well... dying off and their customer service for anyone who isn't dropping money on a Screaming Eagle dressed Street Glide is terrible.

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote