View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #784
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So after coffee, chats etc, Fil and Nikki left for Cambridge around 10.30 or so.

But not after he and Mickey carried the RX8 seats down to the garage and plonked them in the Chevy C10 cab.

Looks good, trust me.

Wrapped up, thanks to Bill who is a fan of protection

I also noted that some big wheels mush have called these arches home at some point, with this sort of damage against the body up front.

Fast forward to this afternoon, after shopping and trying to find a few things, including some free/cheap used tyres for the two alloys Bill had dug out to roll the car around on.

One guy offered to fit me some for £40.00 after the guys at my usual tyre shop, used for all the Galaxy and Berlingo’s new tyres, was not there today.

I will go back tomorrow morning early to see if they can help

In the mean time........ I had to start messing around.

Front end hub, A-arms look tiny compared to my Chevy Blazer and the C10 items.

All rubbers and bushes seem to need replacement and servicing too, and if this thing is to become an antisocial animal, it will need to handle safely.

I trust the service items will be [font color="e6198a"]aFORDable[/font]

Small little components.

So on closer inspection, it seemed the front drivers side has one stud broken off, I found it inside a nut, in the leaves and rubbish in the tub.

Tyres are 195 rear, and 205 in the front.

Amazingly still do not come close to filling the gap.

Really interesting modification on the passenger rear rear hub and wheel to make two nuts fit a non standard steel wheel.

Two studs removed, leaving two.

Two nuts again, as it seems to be the case all around the Rockit

Passenger side front wheel is totally flat.

I tried to fit the spare steel that Bill had sent along, only to find it does not fit the disc brake setup once bolted in, everything was locked tight. Burger !

So after not getting tyres, Sally and I (she is a patient girl) went to Small Ford Centre in Chatham and I got some wheel nuts, to replace the many missing ones, and to get a set that were all the same.

50p per item, equalled £8.00 in wheel it’s.

Only problem is that they are for steel wheels. Fail.

Well not a com-let’s failure, I do like some steels on these as well, so will keep them for future use.

Sally’s son Ryan came around to look as well, he is very intrigued, being a 20 year old in a 1.6 diesel Fiesta, that’s already significantly modified, His,first question when O said the roll bar was getting removed, was “What are you going to do with it” and his eyes looked like those of a magpie.

I want to find a thicker diameter,roll bar, and possibly mount it with a slight rearward tilt.

He also gave me some alloy wheel nuts he had got for his previous Fiesta, the tapered cones are solid, and I am not sure if they are meant to be the “loose type” of cones, any advice?

Almost midnight, bed time.

Amazed that two weeks ago Bill had gone to look at this thing that had been offered to me for sale, and now it is on my,drive.

More tomorrow for those,who are in need of a fix, or still watching.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote