View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 PM   #799
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

With slowly returning to normal, and going out again, I got this delivery today.

Guess the honeymoon could not last forever

In another postal related trick, Fil, who went to fetch the Rezin Rockit with his camper van, for the cost of diesel, was not impressed when I rounded up the cost and “overpaid” him.

So he sent me an envelope with the receipts and a £2.00 scratch card.

That made me laugh out loud, realising it was no use trying to challenge the man to a game of one upmanship

Then I made a protesting Sally scratch.....

No win though, which was also fine.

Imagine a win though.

In other news.

I went to see mate Darren and he offered me Burger The sweetest stray cat that lives in a car in his yard, Sally and others said yes, I am still contemplating.

Inside the shop, this is one of his side projects, alongside the real day job tasks happening.

Meet Project Covid.

V8 Beetle.

Planned for a beach race called Race the Waves

Out in the yard, he had this galvanised car transporter trailer, was twin axle, one got damaged, yours for £250.00 collected on Sheppey.

Wish I had space and use for it.

So next stop, inside a container, crawling through a caravan body.......

To this.

Gearbox side.

Comes with a wiring loom, hopefully the ECU is somewhere too.

Should be in there.

And found one 5 point harness.

May not be the right thing for the car and seats I have , but hopefully it works, and once I have a second one, which Bill in Scotland has a Black example of.

Displayed on the Vauxhall Viva’s hood, where Burger lives.

Meet Burger, not a Harley, and not yet adopted, but certainly has put the cat amongst my mental pigeons.

So there you have it, engine and gearbox.

Clearly needs a lot more........
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote