View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #56
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you want a 3/4 ton, then by all means go ahead and switch the front. But you will at a minimum have to change the lower control arm as well as the spindles, rotors, calipers, etc. IMO if you don't necessarily want a 3/4 ton, just change the rear end, it's a lot simpler. What year of truck do you have? If you want discs on the front, just get a 1/2 ton '71-'87 front suspension for the front. Then you could get away with just changing the balljoints, spindles, rotors, calipers, etc. Regardless whether you go to 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton front discs, you will need to upgrade the brake master to a dual reservior unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edszuk View Post
Here's a question. The previous owner of my truck put a 3/4 8 lug rear end on now my C10. I found a 80's 3/4 2WD suburban, a may sound silly, but can I put the front spindles on my truck so I can have matching rims? Does someone have a step by step on how to replace a rear end. either way I think i'm going to have to spend some cash. I just think it my be easier to do the front than the rear.

Ed
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE