View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Sparky dave

Re: 69 Longbed c10 restoration

So I mentioned before the truck barely ran and had a bad case of the old flooding. So after reading and reading and more reading about Chevy 350 engines I went to work trying to find the problem. I read about quadrajed carbs cracking in the float bowls and leaking so inspected and found no issue. Next checked the mechanical fuel pump as I had lots of fuel in the sump and read that the fuel pump could leak so I removed inspected and found it to be leaking! I ordered another pump thinking I was getting closer but obviously the thing still didn't run right.
Whilst scratching my head over the flooding issue I checked the spark plugs for spark and relaxed a couple of them not sparking so decided to order some ht leads. After accidentally setting fire the engine bay ( yes I cranked it over with a spark plug removed from the engine but still on the end of a ht lead with the fuel pump still pumping and created a flamethrower! Live and learn) I put new leads on and she ran awesome! However still flooded, grrrrr. Anyway turned out I needed a fuel pressure regulator as the fuel pump was forcing fuel past the float. So after new regulator fitted, adjusting timing and a set up of valve clearances the engine now runs amazing. Massive headache and ordeal but very a running engine!
Attached Images

Sparky dave is offline   Reply With Quote