View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
KMC3420

Re: Cab floor replacement order

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
Yeah, then you will definitely want to track my thread. The stamp has some issues, the inner rockers do not drop down low enough, they are too high by about 3/8". Ill post the details when I get it buttoned up. I took measurements on 3 factory cabs and they all showed that the stamp does not drop the lip on that inner rocker far enough.

You will want to leave the pillars in place until after your floor is in (if you need to do any rust repair). Draw a line with a paint pen across the back of the cab right where your floor meets the cab wall. You can use that line to make sure your new floor is sitting at the proper level across the back. Use those bolt holes on the original front pillars and the firewall lip.

Dont even attempt to do this with the outer rockers on. Brace it up really good and make sure you can still put doors on. If you look at my bracing, I would add a few braces up to the roof to keep that distance the same.

The way the floor fits up onto the fire wall lip you have to put the front up into the lip first, then raise the back of the pan up into position. You will need two helpers, one for either side of the pan and for you to guide it into place.
Thanks May. I am currently remaking the firewall lip and getting the patches fit/welded with the original floor in. I will go back and look at your thread for review. Thanks.