View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 10:51 AM   #43
KMC3420

Re: Cab floor replacement order

Had a nice warm day yesterday so took a vacation day and knocked out what I could. Still lots of welding/grinding to do, but my rockers line up as they did, and my measurements came out the same. Happy with the results. Just need another few days to weld/grind. I put in 12 hours yesterday and didnt take many breaks at all, but feel pretty good about the progress. The patch that gave me the most issues was the A pillar, driver side. The patch would hit the inner rocker before being far enough in where the door bolts to the A pillar, had to bend that one around a bit. All others were pretty much spot on. I will have to do some outer rocker tweaking to get them to sit as flush as possible, but knew that with the original A/B pillar pieces in place. My plan now is to put my front fenders, cowl, and doors on. Make sure everything lines up as it should and then drill my bolt holes for lower A/B pillars. From there I will burn it all in. Once all burned in, I will sandblast and epoxy my fresh welds and likely haul it to the garage for the winter, out of the weather. What a chore though.
Attached Images