View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
My7d1

4x4 Blazer manual to 700r4 swap

Very long story short, as of today I am the proud owner a new 700r4 for a 4x4. Next week I am planning on changing out the stock 4 speed in my Blazer to the 700r4 and have a few questions I am hoping someone can help answer to make it a smooth swap.

I had planned on doing the same swap on my 2 wheel drive C-10 and had bought the correct crossmember and mounting pad, the 700r4 never went in and I still have the crossmember and pad, will this same crossmember work on the 4x4?

Besides the new steering column with the shifter, the transmission, the torque converter, dipstick/tube & the crossmember what will I need? Flexplate? Trans cooler? New neutral safety switch? Anything "special" needed to connect to the transfer case?

I assume a shifter conversion kit will be needed so the column shifter actually changes the gears, i see 2 options online for universal kits, the difference in the 2 options is for the length of the shaft, any reason not to get the the longer and trim if needed?

Last one - Removing the actual clutch pedal? I don't even know where to start on that one!

THANKS as any and all input is appreciated!
My7d1 is offline   Reply With Quote