View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
My7d1

Re: 4x4 Blazer manual to 700r4 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
As mentioned above you will need all the correct adapters. The th350 adapter is getting pricey but Advance Adapters makes a reproduction. They also used to make a coupler with the 10 spline on one side and the 27 on the other. I don't know how well they hold up but I have had several 10 spline 4 speed units that got loose inside the coupler. Never on the 27 so If it were me I would change the case input or trade yours in for one already done.
I would also look into replacing the whole cab wiring harness with an auto style. Not hard to do and can be had on this site for $50 or so shipped.
The clutch pedal can simply be removed from the pedal assembly. Look up inside and you will see that. No cutting is necessary.
Column- Also can be had on here with auto linkage on the cheap.
SOOO- all these things are needed and can be done but it takes time=lots of time to do it right.
I just finished my 4x4 swap not long ago a year or so and am shizzle tons happier with the 700r4.
The granny was great for launching the boat but I have a crawl box on my auto and with the slip of a lever I have a darn low gear to pull anything.
Well, I now have everything except the coupler and or the adapter. Thanks for the hook-up on Advance Adapters, checked their web-site and will call them tomorrow to place the order. Then once its in I too will be "shizzle tons happier"! I know the drive will become better/smoother but how did it do on gas mileage? Was there noticeable difference/improvement??

Thanks again!
My7d1 is offline   Reply With Quote