Thread: Berthas Build
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #22
dfairchild19

Re: Berthas Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Draw me a picture of how you are going to route your belt around your accessories. When I was trying to use the Dodge water outlet like you have I could not route the belt in such a way to get an acceptable amount of wrap on the driven components--thus my vertical water outlet. On this same thought train, I have not seen anyone use the parts I used in conjunction with the water outlet you have route the belt in such a way to get good wrap on the components. Where the water outlet comes through the alternator bracket that you are having notched, it gets in the way of a straight shot off of the fan hub to the alternator. The belt can be re-routed, but it leaves the alternator and a/c compressor with what was 90* or less wrap. One dude over there couldn't figure out why his belt squealed when his a/c compressor engaged. That sucks.

1 10270 Generator Support Strap
2 8A357 Water Inlet Support Bracket
3 8A616 Fan Clutch
4 8620 Drive Belt
5 2N211 Hydro-Max Pump (with Hydraulic Brakes Only)
6 3D673 Auxiliary Drive Pulley (Hydro-Max)
7 8620 Drive Belt
8 8501 Water Pump
9 6312 Crankshaft Pulley
10 - Generator Mounting Bracket (Part of 6010)
11 - Water Inlet Bracket(Part of 6010)
12 6B209 Drive Belt Tensioner
13 19D629 A/C Compressor
14 10300 Generator

This is the belt routing for an f800 that uses the mid mount a/c setup. Number 3 will be a bit lower in my application.

The belt will come from the crank pulley, over the fan pulley(number 3 in the diagram), down to the water pump pulley, up to the alternator, down to the a/c compressor, over the tensioner and back to the crank pulley just as in the diagram. I asked about the coverage on the compressor in particular and the one guy I talked to didn't seem to think it would be an issue and that it ends up wrapping the compressor more than it looks. It does not look like it will be the case for me but the only reason I am convinced that it will is because it is what they used from the factory(unless they didn't account for the wrap on the compressor pulley) for this model truck(f800) and I could not find in any searches where anyone had a problem with the belt screaming when the compressor clutch engaged.

What do you think about this? Did you ever get a chance to see this diagram?
dfairchild19 is offline   Reply With Quote