View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #75
BBEEP

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTucker View Post
After having the "pleasure" of driving an Envoy for work the last couple of weeks I gotta ask - why an Envoy? I have the same "300hp" motor and it's a joke. I've never driven something so boring and underpowered as this inline. Where the "300hp" claim comes from is beyond me. I would still have a hard time believing it has 200 hp...plus the handeling is absolutely terrible and the awd is useless on anything other than snow (got it stuck in about 3" of mud).

I'm really not trying to rain on your parade - just wondering what made you choose an Envoy. I totally understand the classic body on modern technology concept, but why not a v8 based trailblazer? They make an SS Trailblazer that has like 400hp or something rediculous...
Mr. Tucker,
What good does you comment do for this thread. If you want to know why he chose an Envoy then ask why did you choose an Envoy. Your comment in my opinion is trolling and can be done without.

THANKS BRITNJC. Mr. Tucker: 1st, the Envoy is IMO the next level from the S10 conversion. The wheelbase and chassis should fit well. The '300hp' is an upgrade from the 270 cu splasher I6 my GMC had in it originally, and there are lots of upgrades I can purchase for a late model motor. Handling? never expected my truck to be a sportscar, why would you? And who goes fourwheelin in an SUV, DIDN'T YOU SEE THE MUD? AND if I wanted something to handle and have lots of power, I'd buy a new Camaro or Corvette. Or I'd go for a drive in the 2008 TBSS I already own!! (and probably get smoked by a grandma in a new Camaro) (OH, and its spelled rIdiculous)
61 Impala Wagon SOLD BARRETT JACKSON SCOTTSDALE 1-18-13
67 c/10 SOLD 2012
71 SS454
77 c/20 Sold 11-11-15
08 TBSS The Wife's car!!
50 GMC School Bus SOLD 11-7-10
29 F**D Delivery (Chevy powered) SOLD 11-4-11

53 GMC 630 Firetruck/Ramp Truck
BBEEP is offline   Reply With Quote