Thread: slammed 57
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #104
slammed57

Re: slammed 57

Finally found a good hood , so after I got it on, here is the issue I had and after talking with other forum members heres what i came up to fix it, so I will share in case any others run into this situation thanks to mp&C ,big glass and others for I used a combination of everyones ideas

after putting it on the truck I noticed the outer round edge meets the cowl on the cab would not match up. after talkng with other we all agreed that the hood brace/hood settled int the middle... you can see here

heres what i fabricated to help me reshape the hood brace a bit. it bolts to where the factory hinge would be

after ,I placed a floor jack with a piece of 2x4 to prevent metal to metal contact and marring the hood brace , starting in the center and every 6" or so move out towards the passenger side . return to the center and then move out
toward the driver side

I measured before and after to prevent of over stretching and it also prevents of taking the hood on and of several times down to maybe 2-3 times. For my application it needed to be moved up about a 1/4" or so. at the ends where the hood ends meet the fenders , you can put them outwards by hand to match the cab cowl gaps

and the end result