Thread: slammed 57
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #118
slammed57

Re: slammed 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by l78vetteman View Post
Slammed,
I have been following your build. You do awesome fabrication work and the truck is looking good. I am working on a 56 and have a few questions. That size wheels and tires are you running. What the the ground clearance at the lower lip of the front fender behind the tire. I am at about 4" and wondering if that is going to be too low for a truck without airbags.
thanks so much for the kind words, Iam rite at 3 1/2" at ride height . 4" should be good for I had my last 57 chevy truck with a static drop like yours right around 4" ( maybe a tad bit lower) and never had a problem. you just have to be on the watch for extra large speed bumps or steep entrances goin into a gas station or something like that. the issues i did have was trying to get it up on a single car trailer( have to have a lower than normal trailer or extra long ramps) or when needed to get a jack to lift it so i can work on it... i would have to get a 2 small blocks of a 2x4 to drive the front wheels on to get a jack up underneath. heres a pic of my last truck , the drive way dips a little where the front wheels are at ,so it may seem a little lower than what the truck was

Last edited by slammed57; 08-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.
slammed57 is offline   Reply With Quote