View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #25
68Gold/white

Re: ThreeQuarter's 1968 C10 Build Thread

I like the hubcaps you now have, also! The white walls look appropriate, also!!!

Refrigerant??? Some of my thought is what people/equipment do you have available to you, and at what price??? I have certification for R12, R134, and the new R1234whatever it is...If you were near me, the labor would be free, for the machine use...I have a R134 machine at my work, I help out some folks...One of the most importatnt things to making an AC system work properly is having the correct amount of refrigerant in the system.
I have some R12, would like to put it in my 67 and 68, but have no machine to do that with, and those are a ways away, time wise from getting close to doing that...

R134 will work in old systems. Every vehicle is different when it comes to the efficiency of how cool the air can be. A newer R134 condenser helps a lot, I've read...

R134 might be your easiest solution. I've also read that the Vintage Air systems, REALLY do a great job of cooling, compared to O.E. It might be something you want to "break from the mold" of staying original 1968, although.......I'm wanting to try the O.E. AC route on my 67 and 68, at least first...

If/when you change brake stuff, contact me, before. I have lots of ideas about that stuff. I am planning O.E. 71,72 disc on my 67 and 72, and manual master cyl!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote