View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Re: "Slowly but Surely" Big J's build thread...

After that some more of that life stuff came back into play and back to the inlaws garage it went. At least I didn't have to store it outside. So I'm thankful for that.
Over the last couple years I helped my neighbor here and there build his garage. Its a pretty cool shop. 28x40 with a upstairs, great for parts storage. I was over one afternoon helping him work on something. He said, "why don't you just bring that blazer over here and finish it". Well after some thought (like 2 seconds) I said lets gitrdone...... He even let me use his truck and a trailer he borrowed to haul it over. I'm tellin' ya, best neighbor anyone could ask for. I picked up a new welder and air compressor to help things go easier. After using my cousins shop those are things that I couldn't live without. After tinkering here and there not being sure what to start on, my uncle emailed with a new body. The one on it is in pretty good shape but this one is going to require less work.
So I've got the body back off and doing some work on the rear of the frame. Stuff I should've done in the first place. Fixing the bodymounts, setting up my hitch, etc... I've got the motor that came out of my grandpas 69c20. My dad ran it in his truck but gave it to me after a crash... I'm debating on dropping it in, kind of a family heirloom thing.
Attached Images

My Build
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote