View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
Knight72

Re: Big Rhonda long term build thread

Appreciate it King. I was impressed with the truck for $1500.

So I had some time in the garage and finished stripping my cab. I've got some areas to fix, but I don't think the cab is too far gone. I'll definitely need rockers and cab corners. I've got the metal but foolishly got rid of the old fenders. I thought they were gone and didn't want them taking up space. So no rocker install until I get fender repops for line up, sucks because I have the metal sitting on the shelf. Cut out the rusty radiator support and meticulously pulled all the dash components and vintage air without breaking it all. The areas I've sanded and stripped look okay. Some pitting in the floor. Cab supports are solid, back half of the cab is solid. Pretty happy so far

Cut the center out of the Reese hitch since some doofus welded it to the frame, I'll have to wait til I pull the bed and cut it out with the plasma cutter. Gotta hit the hardware store for a plug to wire it up.

Also Decided to stick with the 350 for budget sake especially since I have it on the stand and all parts minus the new heads. One day I'll have that 454. I've got it stripped to the long block. Going to hang out there until I finish working my way through my rebuild book.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post8247142
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote