View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #15
Knight72

Re: Big Rhonda long term build thread

Been slowly chipping at it in my spare time which hasn't been often between a 3hr round trip to work, full time college, a toddler about to turn two, and another one due in June. I have been picking up parts and working towards getting Rhonda running. I've really only gotten the frame painted. About to begin sanding the bed and cab in 1 square foot sections in my spare time until they are both clean metal. I've got my sheet steel for patches and will start templates and cutting soon. I picked up new cab bushings, new radiator support, and door hinge repair kits. I also picked up a pretty clean 454 Gen IV engine and a th400 transmission. The game plan is to send it off the the machine shop and get the block cleaned and honed and have the crank and rods checked for eccentricity in late January/mid February, even though it looked pretty clean. Brake lines are going back on and power conversion is being added. Then new big block frame mounts, transmission crossmember. Cab back on to begin lining up body panels and working on the driver side rocker. Need to find a good passenger fender in the next 6 months to do the passenger rockers.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post8247142
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote