View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #23
Knight72

Re: Big Rhonda long term build thread

Still building the old girl. Life keeps getting in the way. Not too much done since the last update. Getting ready to take a couple weeks of PTO from work over the next couple months to cannonball on a few big items. Since the last update I posted I have installed a high hump (for the 454 that ain't going in now), bent and run rear 3/16 stainless steel brake lines. Added new front rubber brake lines, and hardware. Painted the drop spindles, painted the new brake calipers and installed pads. I also welded in the missing floor section on the passenger side. Tacked in the outer rocker after measuring fitment. Still need to do the cab corners and the kick panels. The 454 I had in 2020 ended up getting water in the cylinders from sitting in the pasture during our move. It was pitted beyond belief. So Last October I bought another complete engine. After being promised it was a good running motor, I found worse rust than the previous 454, so that was a bummer. Thanks to those two set backs it has been a little demotivating, but I was planning on tryin to have the 454 machined to see if it could be saved. I gave up on that when I found a screaming deal I couldn't pass up on FB market. I ended up with a Vortec 350 roller block .030 over with 4 relief flat tops. Honed and re-ringed by a machine shop. It came with 70cc edelbrock aluminum heads, roller rockers, roller lifters, ARP head bolts, and about 1.5x complete motors worth of parts for $1500. Guy was older and injured and was cleaning out the shop. So in the near future the plan is to rebuild my TH400. Check torque specs on the engine bolts and hear her run soon. Cab corners and sheet metal will be worked on on my next PTO week. Door hinge rebuild and running the AAW kit.
Attached Images

Still plugging away.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...42#post8247142
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote