View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #70
70cst

Re: How rare is the GMC Sierra Grande?

Longhorn Man ...
I would side with your knowledge than what I found and copied. As mentioned I found this while surfing last night (I think I had to much coffee)...I think it was an Edmonds site. It goes to show that one can't believe everything one reads. That’s why we should post questions that we have on this site. I did not read this article closely but I think the following is incorrect:
1)Custom Sport model debuted, featuring bucket seats with a center console---this was a Chevy option plus buckets were an option beyond the CST option. (CST 69-70 only)

2) 350s with either 300 or 350 horsepower---was a 350 hp 350 available?

3) the first time, the shiftless masses could operate the four-wheel-drive models thanks to the newly available three-speed automatic transmission.
---wasn't an automatic available with a 4x4 before 1970?

4) A new egg-crate grill graced the front of the 1971 pickups. New trim level names debuted, including the base Custom, the mid-level Custom Deluxe (formerly the Custom) and the Cheyenne (formerly the Custom Sport Truck).---this describes a Chevy

5) Anything else??

WOW!!! I think next time I'll read closer before I post an article. This article must have been written originally by a Ford guy and I was & to believe this article. I think if I reply to an article I will stick to Chevy as these trucks I have some knowledge while the GMC "I know enough to be dangerous."
Longhorn Man I stand corrected.
Long live this site

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!

Last edited by 70cst; 02-28-2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote