View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
Snailed

Re: My CPP disc brake kit experience 6370SWBK-6D Ball joint video inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
I had a truck do that same exact thing it needed greasing and the noise went away. It needs to be jacked up under the a frame and grease the joint.
I must have a different truck than the one you worked on. I taped up the joints before installing to prevent contamination, greased them BEFORE letting it down. Drove it in the yard, greased them again with it on the ground and this video is the result. I wish grease could fix poorly made parts but it can't.

You sure can buy cheap things and get good service. It's the business model of many a successful business. CPP just doesn't do that. I buy many thousands of dollars of aftermarket hot rod parts a month and every now and again I get defective ones. My vendors choose to replace these parts for me at a loss so I continue to do business with them. As does Wally world, LL Bean, Radio Shack, NAPA, O'Rileys, Home Despot and a million other companies that hock low quality parts and goods. They eat the defects and sell volume to make profit. CPP is an exception and that's why I thought I would make a post about it. It's rediculious to say you can't get good service on cheap parts...I get it all the time and so does everyone else that buys the junky products Americans demand.