View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #71
67Cowboy
"GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!"

Exclamation Re: Overhaulin' - Seattle style

These build threads are so cool ! Back in the 70's we were in need of another truck and found a cherry Black '67 F_rd F150 at a give away price because it was an old 300 6cyl (broke crank) with 3spd on the column, and few people wanted them in a day when Automatics and big V8s with A/C were the thing to have.
We ditched the 6 cyl. for a less than 20,000 mile 472 cid Caddy that had been totaled by our buddy at the local State Farm Insurance Co. after a granny pulled her 20' DeVille out in front of somebody and got T-boned. We found a B.P.O.-C. Bell housing and Pontiac Fly-wheel and bolted it all together. We did have to elongate the top two bolt holes on the front of the high geared F-150 three speed to get it to bolt to the B.P.O.-C. bell house and we built motor stands because they were like a foot from the 6 Cyl. towers.
It was a Monster !!! It would do 55 mph at like 1200 rpms you could be going 35 in first gear and white smoke the tires going into second and then you could stay in second to over 70 mph. It was the only 3 spd truck I ever saw that you could go from 55 to a 120 in like 4 seconds. On top of all that you could get 21-25 MPG if you stayed out of the big Rochester.
So I give this 500 cid SUBDVLL a 10+ I wish I could afford a Gear Vender to go behind my 400TH in my GMC 1-TON !!! NIce job really looks nice !!!!
67Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote