View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #302
MCB Matt

Re: 67-72 Truck 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt Kits - Bolt in - Morris Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikwho View Post
I see. And I agree! I bought a kit for a tri-five Chevy and I am not going to use them. I don't want to try to make a bracket that accepts the retractor AND the outer belt.

So, does your outer part of the lap belt attach to your retractor, then? I never paid enough attention before to realize that 3 point belts attach at 4 locations! Then I paid attention to all of my newer cars and trucks that have 3 point belts. All have 4 points of contact (inner side of lap belt, outer side of lap belt, retractor and the change of direction at your shoulder).

I would like a quote for a set of two 3 point belts in tan, and probably a center lap belt, just so that they match perfectly. I was hopeful for the airplane style chrome latch, but GM push buttons would work, if that's what you guys offer. I keep thinking about my chest colliding with my steering wheel while my body decelerate's far slower than my truck, if I were to get into a significant collision, and I don't like it. Plus, I don't like my son riding in the truck with just the lap belts.
Thanks,
Nik
What you are thinking of is in newer cars, their 3 points have a shoulder height adjuster that slides up and down. The retrofit belts do not offer this option, just like most 70's - 90's cars didn't have them.

The belt system has 3 total anchor points, all of them are in your truck now.

The Airplane style is only available with the generic belts.

Yes, the lap belt was a BAD deal. The only real protection it gives is keeping you inside the truck in a rollover. The 3 point will actually auto lock like a modern belt AND keep your torso from flying forward.

Thanks,
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote