Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
zeldman

Re: Inline Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
Not sure who you bought your line from but Inline Tubes front to rear line is bent in the original shape as found on the truck frame originally ( they are not a perfectly strait line ) they are not coiled up in a 12" square box. They then apply shipping bends on the front to rear line
""Shipping bends are required to ship all lines over 6 feet in length. This bend is a large-radius bend that is the same as a 5 gallon bucket. The tubing is not stressed so the bend is easily straightened to the original form. To remove the shipping bend, simply unroll the section marked between the tags on a flat surface such as a table or garage floor. Use the floor as a straight edge. Whatever gentle bend is left, straighten by hand. When the tube is straight you are done.""
Who did you buy your line from? I'd like to read that suppliers description as I bet it never mentions being pre-bent to shape and instead probably says something like it provides all the line needed to replace your front to rear line, and if it does state its pre-bent then I would guess the coiled line you received was a error in pulling and shipping the wrong part.
Paul @ GMCPauls
Paul, thank you for your reply. I never said I bought from Inline Tubes. Sorry, should have been more specific on that. The brake line in question was ordered in about 86 or 87, and the add was in a magazine called Hemming Motor News. I called the number in the add, told them what I wanted it to fit, asked if it was pre-bent and was told yes, it fits like the original. I was sold. I dont remember the company but I sure remember that it came all coiled up. Almost like they cut a length from a roll, added the ends to it and shipped it. And to the best of my memory, it probably would have fit around a 5 gallon bucket. Could have been a wrong part. I dont know what Inline Tubes does. That was a one time mistake on my end to order a pre-bent brake line. Always done it myself before and have always done myself since.

Didnt mean to sound like a rant, just wondering why a line cant be cut and spliced to fit in a shorter box. I do all my long brake lines that way, mostly because if I screw one up I dont ruin the whole line, partly because I am cheap and dont buy what I can do myself.
2013 Subaru Outback
1970 C-10 2WD, SWB stepside, 292, TH350, PS, more rust than anything. God is my pilot.
zeldman is offline   Reply With Quote