View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #58
green724x4

Re: How do I make the truck loud???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
I have no problem with your above statement. The various points made here is there is a following for the various exhaust sounds. I grew up in the era of muscle cars so from my background I enjoy the true muscle car sound. Some like the Z71 sound and that is ok to and there is nothing wrong with that sound. I think it comes down to an age thing. Old geezers like me cut our teeth in the muscle car era while you younger folks grew up in the Z71 era. Both are right and neither is wrong. We have differrent sound taste. It's your truck and you need to get the sound that strikes your fancy. Good Luck.
I am of the current young "z71" generation, and I dont really like the stocker with duels and cats sound. For me the sound of a lumpy cam and open headers is cool at idle. I liked loud but affter passing my friends little v6 firebird, right next to his house ya quiter is better. He go a call as soon as we got to my house. 1 mile away. At least my parents couldn't hear me open up my pipes. I run dynomaxx turbo mufflers and they are real quite until wot and then they rattle like glass packs.
green724x4 is offline   Reply With Quote