View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 AM   #74
69C10@16

Re: How do I make the truck loud???

I swear guys. I had a friend with me watching the speedo, which we know is accurate because my dad was following me one day n called me to ask wut it said and it matched his perfectly at 55 so i would assume 60 would be right on as well. He said go, i hammered it. no nos. idk wut the PO did to it but i put a four barrel edel on it with the matching intake n thats it. it shoves you into the seat. n 800$ is what i payed for it. maybe i should change that b/c im not a paying member yet and i dont want to get in trouble for advertisin when im not. My uncle set the timing, in his words, 'as hot as he could w/o damaging nething'. Im assuming that means as advanced as possible without pinging. i think its got an aftermarket higher voltage coil on it if that makes a diff. idk wut to tell u but thats wut we timed it at.

Edit** After thinkin about it, the speedo 'bounces' a little bit when it starts getting past 45 or so. I bet he hit the button as soon as the needle hit 60 but he'd have had to do it when the needle 'averaged' 60. It still wouldnt have been much longer than 3.78 b/c the speedo doesnt bounce that much. Dang it. Now i still gotta go retime it. but thats not happening til the new trailing arms get here. i feel like a retard now. cya l8r. oh, anybody know how to fix the speedo bounce without spending over 5 or 10 dollars?

Last edited by 69C10@16; 01-04-2008 at 07:20 AM.
69C10@16 is offline   Reply With Quote