View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #218
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
With your attention to detail it will be perfect.
It's going to be acceptable, I'm happy with the way its turning out so far, but it won't be perfect by any means. Swapping rims would have been a much better approach. The rim still isn't 100% round and I'm not sure if I can shape it much more at this point. It's close enough to still be useable and I mainly wanted to see if I could actually do it, so it's been worth the effort just to satisfy my curiosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Nice looking job on the steering wheel. My wheel is just like yours and has some cracks. What name brand epoxy are your using and is it the kind you squeeze from the tube and mix the 2 parts together?? I have to repair my cracks so I can repaint mine. Thanks
Thanks, the epoxy is PC-7. I think Eastwood sells it, and you may be able to find it locally though; I bought mine from our Ace hardware store. It works great for filling in the smaller gaps you'll have after grinding out the cracks but it's a little on the thin side for larger gaps. Wetting a rag or your fingertip with solvent will really help smooth it out and minimize the amount of sanding you'll have to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote