View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #28
1972RedNeck

Re: Lower Radiator Hose doesn't have a coil spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
It is needed. the vaccuum generated by the Pump should be suckin fluid. not collapsing a lower hose. Just because a system works under pressure of any amount does not preclude it from generating a vacuum. all there really has to be is a difference in pressure. after all a clogged system working under 15 psi will create a vacuum but a clean system working under the same pressure does not? new fiziks?
Ah, you just had to bring math into the subject, eh? Well, we might as well get into the nitty gritty of it to show that you are wrong.

Even if the water pump pumped 50 GPM (which would be pushing it for even a high volume pump) and the bottom radiator hose was 1 1/2" diameter, it would take a .55 psi pressure differential to flow the 50 GPM through the system.

In other words, as long as our radiator cap holds .55 psi, no collapsing will happen.

If you have a cap that holds no pressure (bad rubber on the cap), and a clogged radiator, then yes, your bottom radiator hose can collapse.

But, I digress - you can believe what you want, and I will believe the facts and physics.

Good day.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote