View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #72
NobleSix

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

bear with me.... my sister is what you would politely call a people person.

the 69 sat literally across the street from me for a few years, beginning in '03 when we moved in. i sat and dreamed and wondered, and thats about as far as it went for a while. in 07, my sister was dating a guy who had a buddy who was a buddy of another guy who owned it. long story short, and a few buddies later, she ends up married to one of the buddies of the guy who owned it. while sitting in the garage and b.s.ing over a few beers, we struck up a deal: $100 whenever i could get it to him and hed sign over the bill of sale he had. later that day we pushed it into my yard. a few days later i went to the dol to ask what my next step was, and they ran the registration etc. turns out, he had no legal claim to the truck, and i was happy i didnt actually pay the guy the money. so i followed the directions given to me by the dol, and tried to contact the last titled owners to no avail. so legally i can register it in my name for a few years then apply for a title. a few years and a few policy changes later, the title arrived in the mail december of 2013. shes mine, all mine for the low cost of tabs and a registered letter.

i also replaced the battery+cables, alternator, waterpump, and discovered that the head gasket was blown and it took the block and head out right betwen cyl 2 and 3. $250 on craigslist for another 292, a new set of gaskets, and she was back on the road!

R.I.P. Corey "Flattus Maximus" Smoot 11/3/11
You will be missed. Your sound lives on.
NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote